Ymuse is an easy, functional, and snappy GTK front-end (client) for Music Player Daemon written in Go.
- Connection to a local or remote MPD server via TCP or Unix domain socket, auto(re)connect function.
- Displaying, sorting, and shuffling the play queue. Track drag-n-drop and removal.
- Filtering the play queue on a substring.
- Saving the play queue as a playlist (new or existing).
- MPD library browse and search functions.
- Browsing, adding, and renaming playlists.
- Own stream (a.k.a. Internet radio) list, which can be edited.
- Visible queue columns selection.
- Player title setting using Go template syntax.
- Toggling various MPD modes (random, repeat, consume).
- Seeking the current track to an arbitrary location.
- Light and dark desktop theme support.
- Internationalisation support. Bundled languages:
Be sure to check the FAQ first if you have a question, a feature request, or a bug report.
Here’s a short video tour of the application:
This software is distributed on the terms of the Apache License Version 2.0 or (optionally) any later version.
Software and any related documentation are provided on an as is basis, without warranty of any kind. The entire risk arising out of use or performance of the software remains with you.
To download the latest source code, clone my GitHub repository:
git clone https://github.com/yktoo/ymuse.git