It's time to fulfil my promise, so please meet Sound Switcher Indicator version 2.2.0.
There are the following two major differences with the previous release:
- Support for virtual devices (#48) has been added: network sources and sinks from other PulseAudio servers are now also displayed in the indicator menu and can be switched to.
- A Preferences dialog has finally arrived. These days you can easily adjust the looks of the menu using a GUI (which was previously only possible by editing
$HOME/.config/indicator-sound-switcher.json). A corresponding menu item has been planted:
The dialog features two tabs:
- The General tab allows to hide all inputs and/or outputs at once:
- The Devices tab configures device and port display:
- The Refresh button at top right reloads all devices and their ports so you don't need to reopen the dialog after device removal or addition.
All settings are applied on-the-fly after a short delay.
- A minor (yet breaking) change to the configuration file format. From now on the port configuration can only be an object (previously it was possible to use a string or
false). This means you might need to update your config, which is a breeze with the new dialog.
- A long-outstanding bug with misplaced device items (#55) has been fixed. Actually, the real issue is with GTK+ but I managed to work around it.
My PPA provides packages for Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic and 18.10 Cosmic (read how to install). Bug reports are welcome at the usual address.
Continue reading on yktoo.solutions »