After the previous release of Sound Switcher Indicator an article about it was posted on Web Upd8. I immediately started getting numerous bug reports, feature requests, questions and comments.
So I found out, for instance, that the indicator is also popular with old Ubuntu versions (up to 12.04).
- An autostart shortcut is added during the installation so that the indicator starts automatically after logon.
- All the existing functionality was backported to GTK+2 (a separate branch for it was created). Thanks to that the following Ubuntu versions are supported:
- GTK+ version 2:
- 12.04 LTS (Precise Pangolin)
- 12.10 (Quantal Quetzal)
- 13.04 (Raring Ringtail)
- GTK+ version 3:
- 13.10 (Saucy Salamander)
- 14.04 LTS (Trusty Tahr) — tested in Trusty Alpha 2.
- A default program icon has been added. It will be picked up in the case a non-standard desktop theme is used. I've turned up the contrast a little bit to make it work with both light and dark themes:
You can install or update the application, as usual, via my Launchpad PPA, see the installation manual.
NB: since 13.04 (Raring Ringtail) has reached its end-of-life, Launchpad would not accept builds for this system anymore. You can download a GTK+2 based version here.